All our jewellery is made from sterling silver and bears the ‘925’ stamp to indicate that the metal is 92.5 percent pure silver and that the other 7.5 percent is copper (or sometimes other metals). The additional metals help to increase strength as silver on its on is incredibly soft.
Over time your silver jewellery may tarnish. Tarnish is a product of the chemical reaction that is caused by the other metals mixed with silver reacting to moisture and Sulphur in the air. High humidity and air pollution ca [...]
There are a number of ways to find your perfect ring size. Below, the simplest ways are highlighted -
Measure a ring that fits
Lay a ruler flat on a table and place your existing fitting ring against it ensuring you measure the internal distance, from one side to the other (diameter). Compare this measurement to the chart below.
Buy a ring measurer
You don't need to buy an expensive ring measuring kit. Something simple from Amazon or Ebay will do. Something like THIS or THIS is fine. We are looking to s [...]
Many of us love a bit of ‘bling’ and the best bling of all is of course a diamond, however for most of us our budget does not always stretch that far and so to still achieve that bit of sparkle we turn to a diamond substitute. But which one? There are a few to choose from, let us look at the three most popular and which I think makes the best alternative.
Cubic Zirconia is the cubic crystalline form of zirconium dioxide. It is a manmade material, mostly colourless but can be made in a variety of colours. W [...]